Edward Lincoln – 1851
On 1 October 1851 Edward Lincoln took over as postmaster. He was the Church of England denominational schoolmaster at St Marys. He conducted business in his residence next to his school for the next few years. He also secured the guarantorship from Penrith men, auctioneer Charles Cottrell, and teacher George Bode.
Lincoln, it seems was a likeable old chap, according to this report – Here and there, by Japonica, Nepean Times, 12 Sep 1896.
Lincoln and his wife are both buried in St Mary Magdalene Churchyard.
Edward Lincoln and wife Anne
St Mary Magdalene Churchyard
Evans, Bert The Post Offices of St Marys, Local Files, Penrith City Library