Welcome to the Penrith City Local History site.
Penrith is located on the outer western rim of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
These pages provide information on our Regional City’s history.
- Annual Makings of a City History Conference – Information about Penrith Library’s past history conferences. Penrith City Library have hosted an annual history conference since 2002, which focused on major local historical events. Speakers were local historians and enthusiasts, and professional and academic historians, who have informed and engendered discussion on the history of the local area.
- The Book is Here! – Penrith: the Makings of a City is now on sale at Penrith City Library.
- Local history publications for sale at Penrith City Library
- TreasuresOfPenrithsPast – Booklet on sale at Penrith Library for $10
- Surveying Display in the Library – Penrith City Library’s Research Room display survey equipment donated by local St Marys surveyor, Len Stapleton.
- Penrith City Library Catalogue. Using All Resources search to find information and digital records relating to the local area. The collections are mostly held in the Research Room. This room includes the Library’s Local Studies collection, Technical Library, Hawkesbury Nepean Catchment Management Trust Library, Francis James Collection, History Support Collection.
- Nepean Times on National Library of Australia’s Trove – our local newspaper from 1882-1962
Additional information can be accessed by contacting Penrith Library’s Research Room on (02) 47327899, or Information Librarian Lorraine Stacker on (02) 47327886 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org