23 – 29 May 2016
As part of the National Trust Heritage Festival 2016, Research Services has organised a BIG week in the Research Room at Penrith City Library.
These events are designed to promote the local and family history services at the Library, its special collections and the new Spydus Library catalogue.
- The Research Room will be open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, Saturday 9am to 5pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.
- Staff will be available to provide assistance with research
- Talks and practical workshops by guest speakers and Library staff
- Tuesday 24 May 10 am – Vanessa Stockford, Librarian, Penrith City Library – Using Trove and the Library’s new catalogue for local and family history research
- Wednesday 25 May 10 am – Ann-maree Bonner, Librarian, Penrith City Library- Using local history resources for local and family history research
- Wednesday 25 May 4pm – Ted Chapman from Chapman Bookbinding – Bookbinding and conservation repairs (recommended to bring in your books and archives for assessment)
- Thursday 26 May 10am – Vicki Wilson from the Document Detective – World War One soldiers’ wills and probates at State Records NSW
- Friday 27 May 10am – Lorraine Stacker, Librarian, Penrith City Library – Family history research at Penrith City Library, followed by a presentation by Nepean Family History Society.
- Saturday 28 May 2pm – Alison Spencer, Library Technician, Penrith City Library – History of postcards gleaned from the Library’s Joyce Cole Collection
- All events are free, but limited
- Tickets available from Library service desk from 12 May 2016. For more details phone 47327891, or 47328040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org